Tuesday 12 March 2019

We are here to help you win DIABETES!


"Ij please call me", that was the message my friend dropped on my inbox. I didnt take her serious because I felt if she is serious she will call me.

Her next message read, "you no want call untill I die here, I need your advice on diabetes". Immediately I read diabetes, me wey no get call credit, piam! I loaded my phone, called her asap.

She have been diabetic for 5years, it started with gestational diabetes, never able to reverse it, had all her three kids premature. We spoke at length, I asked questions about how she have been managing the diabetes. She never got any tangible counseling, have been doing the dietary aspect all wrong without considering her blood glucose levels. As at when we were speaking her fasting blood glucose was at 9.8mmol/L. Did I add she developed hypertension as well. All this have affected her eyesight.

By God's grace I was able to put her through the sure things she can do to be in charge of her health, 2-3weeks later, her story is different, blood glucose levels have dropped to 4.5mmol/L, blood pressure is also down.

As a diabetic you are your own doctor, look for people who are informed and learn from them, tryout healthy options, select and stick to those that best keep your blood sugar in check. Read books and surf the internet on ways to manage diabetes naturally.

As a care giver living with someone who has diabetes, your responsibility does not end in providing for them, encourage them, support them especially with respect to meals, let them don't feel left out, join them to make and eat healthy meals, it will help you as well.

Type 2 diabetes is reversible, any one can achieve that. Having problem managing your health, contact us today for the help you need.
#diabetestalks
#diabetes

2 comments:

  1. Hmm! Your story is not complete until u tell us what advice you gave here to help her achieve these results! Some one out there might just need it. Except if it's not for free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know the advice you gave to her that helps the glucose levels to come down

    ReplyDelete